Windows 98 Sucks
After rebuilding the
Stinkpad Thinkpad 390 laptop (yet again) I finally got a stable installation of Windows 98 that works. As it stands it is now 100% finished and is going to stay that way. Sidenote: I should have researched laptops a little better before buying the 390. That thing is just too damn slow. I'm giving it to my pop so he can install his GPS software on it which will work fine on it. For me I need something with some more oomph behind it. Eventually I will buy a Dell Inspiron or Latitude. Probably a C610 model because I know the chassis very well and can fix any part that breaks on it (including the LCD).
Hats off to anyone who is still out on the 'net with Win 98 or 95 - because that is a bad experience at best. Some apps don't work right, games run extremely slow and the whole experience is just.. blah.
I'm glad I'm not running '98 on any of my PC's. It sucks. It's either XP or Linux for me, depending on what box I'm on at the time. (grin)
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches