Windows 98 Sucks
After rebuilding the
Stinkpad Thinkpad 390 laptop (yet again) I finally got a stable installation of Windows 98 that works. As it stands it is now 100% finished and is going to stay that way. Sidenote: I should have researched laptops a little better before buying the 390. That thing is just too damn slow. I'm giving it to my pop so he can install his GPS software on it which will work fine on it. For me I need something with some more oomph behind it. Eventually I will buy a Dell Inspiron or Latitude. Probably a C610 model because I know the chassis very well and can fix any part that breaks on it (including the LCD).
Hats off to anyone who is still out on the 'net with Win 98 or 95 - because that is a bad experience at best. Some apps don't work right, games run extremely slow and the whole experience is just.. blah.
I'm glad I'm not running '98 on any of my PC's. It sucks. It's either XP or Linux for me, depending on what box I'm on at the time. (grin)
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?