Diamond Darrell Dies
First of all, even though Darrell was always called "Dimebag" (originally as a joke when that started but the name stuck) I always called the guy by his original stage name "Diamond Darrell".
I have a lot of readers who come here who are not in-the-know when it comes to the rock/metal music world, so here's a 101:
Darrell was probably (depending on your point of view) one of the most influential guitar players to come 'round in the rock scene in a long time. No, he was no Randy Rhoads (early 80's) or Jimi Hendrix (60's) - however in his element he's ranked right up there with the greats of past. At a show that just happened he was literally shot to death by a crazed fan. If you're ever heard of the band "Pantera" he was the guitar player for that band. He was shot to death while playing with his current project "Damage Plan".
Several friends of mine are very choked up by this death.
What's more interesting is the onslaught of people trying to cash in on his death already.
See this eBay listing (edit: link is dead). It started at 12 bucks. At the time I write this it is up to 1800 bucks. For real. Check it out.
I will bet you that this will break $2000 before it's over.
I saw several other eBay listings where anything "Dimebag Darrell" is absolutely soaring in price.
Nothing sells like a dead rock star.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see