Cheap guitar of the week #39 - ESP LTD TE-212
What you don't see is what makes this guitar amazing.
The ESP LTD TE-212 is one seriously badass Telecaster copy, although you wouldn't think that by looking at it, as it does look rather plain.
These are the things that really make this guitar worth getting:
- Alder body
- "Thin U" shape neck
- 22 extra-jumbo frets (most Telecasters have 21)
- 350mm fingerboard radius (about 13.8 inches, meaning super-flat)
Basically put, this is a "Fast Telecaster." It's a Tele with a really thin, really flat neck with really big frets on it... and it's cheap.
Don't like the black? There's a Candy Apple Red version of it too:
(Note that the red version has chrome hardware while the black guitar has black hardware.)
Who is this guitar best for?
If you want a Telecaster, but want one with a nice, slim neck on it with big frets, the TE-212 is what you want. Neither Fender nor Squier make anything with a flat neck like this.
Best Tele for the price with this kind of neck? That's an absolute yes. I don't think there's anything else out there in Telecaster flavor with a slim neck the way ESP LTD does it. Not for this price, anyway.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing