Cheap guitar of the week #39 - ESP LTD TE-212
What you don't see is what makes this guitar amazing.
The ESP LTD TE-212 is one seriously badass Telecaster copy, although you wouldn't think that by looking at it, as it does look rather plain.
These are the things that really make this guitar worth getting:
- Alder body
- "Thin U" shape neck
- 22 extra-jumbo frets (most Telecasters have 21)
- 350mm fingerboard radius (about 13.8 inches, meaning super-flat)
Basically put, this is a "Fast Telecaster." It's a Tele with a really thin, really flat neck with really big frets on it... and it's cheap.
Don't like the black? There's a Candy Apple Red version of it too:
(Note that the red version has chrome hardware while the black guitar has black hardware.)
Who is this guitar best for?
If you want a Telecaster, but want one with a nice, slim neck on it with big frets, the TE-212 is what you want. Neither Fender nor Squier make anything with a flat neck like this.
Best Tele for the price with this kind of neck? That's an absolute yes. I don't think there's anything else out there in Telecaster flavor with a slim neck the way ESP LTD does it. Not for this price, anyway.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see