Cheap import guitar of the week #8 - Chwashburn Paul Stanley PS1800
I'd actually prefer this over the real thing.
The real-deal Washburn Paul Stanley PS1800 guitar is disgustingly expensive. No, it is not an Ibanez, meaning not a PS120 Iceman. This is a Washburn copy.
A Washburn PS1800 is an overpriced piece of garbage. And I mean way overpriced, as you'll see from the link above (the PS120 is a deal in comparison.) The China knockoff copy is in fact a fair price for what the guitar should sell for.
Now to note, Washburn does make some fine guitars. Truly, they do. The PS1800 is overpriced to an insane level because of "PAUL STANLEY," but when you look at other models, such as the Washburn XMDLX2TNG, you'll be shocked at how low the price is for a genuinely good guitar. Seriously, check it out. And it's not a knockoff, but rather a real-deal Washburn.
The PS1800 knockoff is a good buy, but only the knockoff. To spend cash on the real thing would be seriously stupid.
The knockoff would be a nice guitar just to thrash around with something different without spending a lot. Get one.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing