Cheap import guitar of the week #9 - Chibson Les Paul 1956 with P90 pickups
The Chibson rides again... this time in a gold top flavor with P90 pickups.
Oh, yeah. This one is nice. Nice and cheap. As in under $300 cheap with free shipping. Doesn't get better than this when it comes to a Gibson Les Paul copy.
Now of course, since this is a China copy, and considering how cheap it is, don't expect a perfect guitar out of the box. However, from the customer reviews on this particular copy, this is a safe one to get.
A Paul with P90s is a nice thing to have. I owned one at one point. You get a very nice "growly" sound, while at the same time having your clean tone come out a lot clearer. The single-coil pickups make a big difference here.
The gold top look with gold knobs and white-color singles? Classic. Definitely a good looker.
This is one of of the best-selling Paul copies, and it's easy to see why. Get one.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches