Cheap import guitar of the week #9 - Chibson Les Paul 1956 with P90 pickups
The Chibson rides again... this time in a gold top flavor with P90 pickups.
Oh, yeah. This one is nice. Nice and cheap. As in under $300 cheap with free shipping. Doesn't get better than this when it comes to a Gibson Les Paul copy.
Now of course, since this is a China copy, and considering how cheap it is, don't expect a perfect guitar out of the box. However, from the customer reviews on this particular copy, this is a safe one to get.
A Paul with P90s is a nice thing to have. I owned one at one point. You get a very nice "growly" sound, while at the same time having your clean tone come out a lot clearer. The single-coil pickups make a big difference here.
The gold top look with gold knobs and white-color singles? Classic. Definitely a good looker.
This is one of of the best-selling Paul copies, and it's easy to see why. Get one.
More articles to check out
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar
- Fender Player Lead II is awful (get the III instead)