Cheap import guitar of the week #9 - Chibson Les Paul 1956 with P90 pickups
The Chibson rides again... this time in a gold top flavor with P90 pickups.
Oh, yeah. This one is nice. Nice and cheap. As in under $300 cheap with free shipping. Doesn't get better than this when it comes to a Gibson Les Paul copy.
Now of course, since this is a China copy, and considering how cheap it is, don't expect a perfect guitar out of the box. However, from the customer reviews on this particular copy, this is a safe one to get.
A Paul with P90s is a nice thing to have. I owned one at one point. You get a very nice "growly" sound, while at the same time having your clean tone come out a lot clearer. The single-coil pickups make a big difference here.
The gold top look with gold knobs and white-color singles? Classic. Definitely a good looker.
This is one of of the best-selling Paul copies, and it's easy to see why. Get one.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two