Fender "White Beauty" Stratocaster
I can tell this guitar was distinctly inspired by another.
Electric guitars with three humbucker pickups in them are more for looks than for sound. This is not to say that all guitars with three pickups are bad. Obviously, having three pickups works for the regular Stratocaster. But having a humbucker placed smack in the middle of the body doesn't really do much, tone-wise.
But it looks cool.
I call this Stratocaster a "White Beauty" because of the existence of the Gibson (or Epiphone) Black Beauty Les Paul. That particular guitar is of course black, but also has three humbuckers and all the hardware is gold. This Strat is exactly the same except it's white (Olympic White, specifically), hence why I call it White Beauty...
...but I totally understand why the headstock is black. Were it color matched Olympic White like the body, that wouldn't look right. A gold Fender logo on a white headstock doesn't work. Squier in fact tried this with a few models in the past, and nope, not a good look.
This guitar carries its look fairly well. Usually it's true that Strats and gold hardware don't mix, but the combo on this guitar does work.
Fortunately, the price for one of these won't break the bank. It is a Mexico build so it's under 4 figures. And because of how unique it is, yes it does have collector value.
Technically, the name for this guitar is the Fender FSR Mahogany Blacktop Stratocaster HHH. It has a mahogany body, "Blacktop" because of the humbuckers and skirted amp knobs, and HHH because of the three humbucker pickups. But Fender White Beauty Stratocaster is a much better name for it, because that's what it is.
Does a 2-pickup version of this exist?
Yes. Well, mostly. There is a black-black-black (black body, black pick guard, black headstock) Fender FSR Mahogany Stratocaster with all-gold hardware. Two humbuckers, looks very cool. And it's 50 bucks cheaper than the White Beauty.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- Is the ESP LTD F10 the ugliest cheap electric guitar?
- Fender "White Beauty" Stratocaster
- The 4 grits of sandpaper every guitar player needs
- I keep going back to the Casio 593 (F-91W and A158)
- Zoom R8 sending audio with effects over USB while in AUDIO I/F mode
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard 60s (and 50s) is a game changer
- Fender HM Strat is not a Stratocaster
- Squier raises the price on Classic Vibe Stratocasters
- Five of the better guitar shirts I've seen
- How to choose the right guitar octave pedal effect