luke, i am your navigator
Sun glare was a problem for my GPS unit. I was faced with the decision of buying a newer StreetPilot with a "daylight readable screen" which would have cost almost $500, or buy the GlareStomper for fifteen bucks.
So yeah, I went with the 'Stomper. Now my GPS looks like Darth Vader (hence the title of this entry). The big question: Does it work? Yes, it does. It does stop the glare (mostly) and makes the screen much more readable in bright sunlight.
Thankfully it doesn't look that cheesy. 🙂 I'm glad they made this in black which mostly matches the look of the StreetPilot.
Installation was easy. Just stick on the velcro that comes with it and put the 'Stomper on top. Easy enough. Easy is good. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing