Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
They might have with this one.
I've said before that I don't like PRS guitars, but do like the Mira model. Out of everything PRS makes, Mira has a look to it with real character. Most importantly, it's not trying to copy another guitar and is its own design.
Before going further into this guitar, how does it play? It "plays like a PRS", which is not a bad thing. Mira has that slightly shorter 25.0" scale, their patented adjustable stoptail bridge, great tuners, great playability, and so on. If you know PRS, you already know how Mira plays and sounds. It will be good out-of-the-box.
It's the look that really sells this thing however. Even in basic black with a tortoise shell guard, Mira looks fantastic. Heck, even those dopey bird fret inlay markers look good when the finish is a solid color.
Simple guitar, simple switching, great design and very well thought out from stem to stern. This is a player's machine (except for the aforementioned dopey inlays). This is what a PRS is supposed to be.
On a final note, yes I know some of you like the bird inlays as that is a PRS thing. I don't. I just can't get used to them. But I totally admit this black Mira is the first I've seen from PRS in a while where the birds do not detract from the overall look and actually look right.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two