Original TIE Fighter DOS intro
TIE Fighter was an MS-DOS based video game released in 1994. To me it was one of the best space games ever made because it was so well done. It was so far ahead of any other game of its type back when it was released. Nothing came close to it. The game was a blast to play and to date was the only game I ever truly enjoyed playing via a joystick.
On YouTube I noticed there were absolutely no videos showing anything about TIE Fighter. I got excited about this because I knew I was going to be the first to do so. So I quickly slapped together a video using DOSBox. I actually used the original installation files from the floppy diskettes back from '94.
Based on the YouTube comments in the video to date, many other old-school gamers absolutely adored this game. You can play this game for hours and hours and not be bored. It's got great story, great battle-play, great replay-ability and it's just plain fun.
Since posting this video there have been several other TIE videos that sprouted up.
But I was first. 🙂
More articles to check out
- I bought an Ibanez AS73, and then returned it
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time