PRS is now a better deal than a Fender
...if the price doesn't change.
The Fender Standard Stratocaster was the king of the hill concerning mid-priced guitar value until Fender decided to raise the price of it by 100 bucks. Because of that price hike, a PRS SE ST24 is now the better deal. The version of the guitar without the vibrato system, the SE ST22, has several models for the same price (as in without a "guitar pack" and just guitar alone, although the guitar packs are also really good values as you'll see from the links.)
Long-time readers of my writings know I don't like PRS. However, I do recognize a good deal when I see one, and both the ST22 and ST24 for the moment are better values than the Standard Stratocaster from Fender. You simply get more guitar for the money.
Note however that I said for the moment. PRS could hike their prices for the ST24 and ST22 to match Fender's price for the Standard Strat just as easily and get away with it. And they probably will.
In other words, the time to get a PRS SE, if that's a guitar you like, is now.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago