PRS is now a better deal than a Fender
...if the price doesn't change.
The Fender Standard Stratocaster was the king of the hill concerning mid-priced guitar value until Fender decided to raise the price of it by 100 bucks. Because of that price hike, a PRS SE ST24 is now the better deal. The version of the guitar without the vibrato system, the SE ST22, has several models for the same price (as in without a "guitar pack" and just guitar alone, although the guitar packs are also really good values as you'll see from the links.)
Long-time readers of my writings know I don't like PRS. However, I do recognize a good deal when I see one, and both the ST22 and ST24 for the moment are better values than the Standard Stratocaster from Fender. You simply get more guitar for the money.
Note however that I said for the moment. PRS could hike their prices for the ST24 and ST22 to match Fender's price for the Standard Strat just as easily and get away with it. And they probably will.
In other words, the time to get a PRS SE, if that's a guitar you like, is now.
More articles to check out
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar