Buying a Squier guitar just for the color
Every now and then, Squier will release a guitar in a special color. Is it worth buying?
Yes, it is.
Above is a limited run Bullet Strat in red sparkle finish. It costs no more than a regular Bullet Strat. So in effect, when you buy this special red one, you get it just for the color since the electronics and all other specifications are identical to the regular model.
The reason why it's worth it to go for one of these is very simple. Look at how much Fender charges for one of their guitars with a sparkle finish. Big time sticker shock there.
Are there any MIM Strats in sparkle? Not at the moment, or at least none that I could find. If you want the sparkle on a Strat, it's either Fender USA Custom Shop or Squier.
The Squier is obviously the much more affordable choice by a mile. If you like red with a heavy metallic flake, get the red Squier.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see