Buying a Squier guitar just for the color
Every now and then, Squier will release a guitar in a special color. Is it worth buying?
Yes, it is.
Above is a limited run Bullet Strat in red sparkle finish. It costs no more than a regular Bullet Strat. So in effect, when you buy this special red one, you get it just for the color since the electronics and all other specifications are identical to the regular model.
The reason why it's worth it to go for one of these is very simple. Look at how much Fender charges for one of their guitars with a sparkle finish. Big time sticker shock there.
Are there any MIM Strats in sparkle? Not at the moment, or at least none that I could find. If you want the sparkle on a Strat, it's either Fender USA Custom Shop or Squier.
The Squier is obviously the much more affordable choice by a mile. If you like red with a heavy metallic flake, get the red Squier.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago