SX Liquid would be a great guitar...
...but it has one major thing against it.
Obviously, that thing is the body shape. The guitar just looks hideous. But it could be better.
What is the SX Liquid?
SX is a brand by Rondo Music, the same company that has the Agile, Hadean and Douglas brands among others.
Most of you who know SX are familiar with the Furrian (Telecaster copy) and Hawk (Stratocaster copy). Both of those are great.
What is the Liquid supposed to be? It's a Jazzmaster body shape with a huge chunk cut off the body. I've absolutely no idea why Rondo decided to make the guitar this way. They could easily have a full Jazzmaster shape body and it wouldn't impede on Fender's intellectual property since what matters is the headstock shape and not the body.
The body shape is literally the only thing that keeps me from buying the Liquid guitar. Several versions of this guitar exist. Some have the vibrato system as seen above and others are hardtail with not two but three P90 pickups in them and a roller style bridge.
Oh, and something I almost forgot to mention. You can buy one of these new for under $200 USD.
If this guitar had the full (as in not have that huge chunk cut out) Jazzmaster style body, this guitar would be such a winner. It's so close. So unbelievably close to being just right. All it needs is a "complete" body and it's there.
I think the body shape is terrible on the Liquid. Unique and different, yes, but still terrible. If you like it however, get one. It's a great guitar.
More articles to check out
- To GPS or not to GPS?
- FM rock radio in 2020. Finally dead? Yes.
- The “Hide Away” Freddy King 11th chord
- Stop playing power chords
- What dashcam do you use? Viofo update, 300 days later
- Any good guitars for under $500?
- I bought another SX Furrian
- Metal’s continuing downward spiral
- EMF radiation danger in quartz watches – time to switch to automatic?
- All about TAXI A&R membership, thoughts on whether metal music sells anymore