this may save me over $400
One gripe I've had about the Garmin StreetPilot c340 since day one is that the screen glares like crazy when the sun hits it, making it almost unreadable. Especially in Florida sun. Now while it's true Garmin has (oh-so conveniently enough) introduced the c5* series which has a "daylight readable screen", I didn't exactly want to spend over 400 bucks just for a screen.
The solution is to get a visor. I found one on eBay that was selling for sixteen bucks. Yes, I know it's way too expensive just for a visor, but when you consider that it's either pony up the sixteen or spend 400+ for a new unit, the sixteen seems like a much better option. 🙂
I have no idea whether this will work or not, but I figured it was worth the sixteen to find out. If it does in fact do what it claims (as in "dramatically reduce glare and increase visibility"), then hey, good deal, I won't have to buy a new StreetPilot. And if not, well, I won't cry a river over losing sixteen bucks. 🙂
Like this article?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- You don't need a solar watch
- Is the Bic Soft Feel the perfect pen?
- How to find really cheap new electric guitar necks
- Ridiculous: Ibanez Altstar ALT30
- SX Hawk in Lake Placid Blue is good
- Guitar neck thickness vs. shoulder
- Goodbye 2021
- My mild obsession with pens and pencils
- SX Hawk from Rondo on the way, and why I bought it
- A big problem with many quartz digital wristwatches