Travel guitars are stupid
There are some guitar designs that are just plain stupid. The travel guitar is one of them.
Above is a Traveler Guitar. Even though it doesn't cost all that much, it's still too expensive for what it is.
The Traveler is simply a dumb guitar design. It looks ugly. Playable it may be, and yes it is an acoustic-electric so it can be plugged in, but why would anyone buy one when you could get this instead:
The above is a Yamaha GL1 6-string ukulele/guitalele. Very small, very easy to play, very lightweight, and even in small size, it looks like a proper guitar.
If I were taking a travel guitar along with me, I'd take the Yamaha over the Traveler any day. As far as travel guitars go, this one is just so much better and you get so much more for the money.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches