Travel guitars are stupid
There are some guitar designs that are just plain stupid. The travel guitar is one of them.
Above is a Traveler Guitar. Even though it doesn't cost all that much, it's still too expensive for what it is.
The Traveler is simply a dumb guitar design. It looks ugly. Playable it may be, and yes it is an acoustic-electric so it can be plugged in, but why would anyone buy one when you could get this instead:
The above is a Yamaha GL1 6-string ukulele/guitalele. Very small, very easy to play, very lightweight, and even in small size, it looks like a proper guitar.
If I were taking a travel guitar along with me, I'd take the Yamaha over the Traveler any day. As far as travel guitars go, this one is just so much better and you get so much more for the money.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see