Why is braided guitar cable so awesome?
Once you go braided, everything else seems inferior.
When it comes to braided guitar cable, which you can get here, you'll always pay more for it. But why?
Does it make your guitar sound any better? No.
Does it last longer than regular cable? Yes.
Why does it last longer? Simple answer. It tangles less. And in the event it does tangle as all guitar cable does from time to time, it's really easy to untangle it. Not only that, but it stays untangled. You really have to work at it to tangle a braided cable to begin with.
Cloth braid cable is nothing new and it used to be what everyone used until the cheaper stuff started appearing in guitar stores. Fortunately, the making of braided cable never stopped. It's just a little more difficult to come by, hence why you pretty much have to buy it online.
Yes, you could get your braided cable in a guitar store, but you'll spend even more for it. Better to just order it from the internet (again, see links above) so you can save a few bucks.
It also goes without saying that braided cable just looks cool, but it's more than just for looks, as its natural tendency to tangle less is something you will very much appreciate.
More articles to check out
- To GPS or not to GPS?
- FM rock radio in 2020. Finally dead? Yes.
- The “Hide Away” Freddy King 11th chord
- Stop playing power chords
- What dashcam do you use? Viofo update, 300 days later
- Any good guitars for under $500?
- I bought another SX Furrian
- Metal’s continuing downward spiral
- EMF radiation danger in quartz watches – time to switch to automatic?
- All about TAXI A&R membership, thoughts on whether metal music sells anymore