winged gremlin spotted
After I picked up my new betta fish today I spotted an AMC Gremlin on the way back, pictured above.
Note the huge wing, lifted suspension, dual exhaust and add-on tail lamps (yes those are additional lamps and not reflectors) under the bumper. The high-mount third tail lamp (also an add-on) didn't work.
I tried to get a photo of the side of the car but couldn't unfortunately.
I posted this photo for the following reasons:
- It's very rare to see a Gremlin on the road today (and you'd probably only see them in places like where I live in Tampa Florida due to the fact they rusted off their frames years ago in the north.)
- Anyone who dares drive one really really likes them.
- Anyone who dares drive one endures the ridicule of other car guys that know what this car is.
- I give a hearty salute to anyone willing to drive a car so decidedly "uncool" (i.e. you gotta have a big set of balls to drive a Gremlin.)
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984