10 rock songs that turn 25 years old in 2019
1. Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
One of the best rock songs ever written, no question about it.
A friend of mine called me on the phone one day (back when people actually used phones to talk) and said that I had to come over to his house and listen to this new song because it sounded like Led Zeppelin. I said okay, sure, and went to his place to check it out.
And oh yeah, I liked it. Loved it, in fact. And still do.
Interstate Love Song is a perfectly crafted song beginning to end. Nothing about it is bad. All instruments are perfectly mixed. I love the fact that there is NO GUITAR SOLO in it. I also love the fact this song escapes being labeled as "grunge", because it's just that damned good.
Another thing I seriously dig is that the guitars are scaled back, the bass and drums have serious punch to them and the vocals recorded dry. It's like I said, absolutely nothing about the song is bad.
This is may very well be the best rock song the '90s ever produced.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- State of the watch collection for end of 2019
- Why do we keep going back to the Stratocaster?
- The good and bad of preordering a guitar
- 1989 Squier II Stratocaster rides again
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years