a wish for more decent clockradios
I remember a time when there used to be some really good clockradios out there, and I'm talking about clockradios that had great features.
These days, there are very few actually good clockradios left. The picture at right is one of them, that being the Sony ICF-C218, its bigger brother the Sony ICF-C318, and the biggest brother the Sony ICF-C414. Yes, Sony pretty much holds the market for The Last Truly Good Clockradios.
If you don't like Sony style, you're basically screwed if you want a decent clockradio, because almost everything else has a stupid-ass iPod dock on it, making the clockradio insanely bulky. And I don't even own an iPod besides which.
Fortunately, all three offerings from Sony are relatively cheap. The one pictured above is just 10 bucks, so.. at least it's not that expensive.
But I seriously wonder how long it's going to take before good clockradios vanish completely. There's really not many of them left. I'm thinking about buying an ICF-C218. Heck, I might buy two, because there many not be any left around once the first one wears out.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see