Cheap guitar of the week #22 - 2013 or newer Squier Affinity Telecaster
Why 2013 or newer? Because...
...it has the updated gold-and-black Squier logo on the headstock.
I've made mention a lot of the Squier Affinity Telecaster. Great guitar, cheap and good. I've played one personally and yes, it's a good Telecaster.
However, the better looking ones have the gold-and-black logo treatment on the headstock.
It took me a while to figure this out, but the only way you're going to know you're getting this better-looking logo is if the guitar was made in 2013 or later.
How does one figure this out? Other than seeing it in person, the serial number. Either the first two digits or the second two digits state the year of manufacture. If you see a 13, that's 2013. A 14 would be 2014, a 15 would be 2015, and so on.
Unfortunately, it's the case right now where pretty much all the guitar vendors are still using the stock guitar photo for this particular guitar, which is old and shows the old plain black logo.
Being that guitar vendors usually won't bother on a request to send you a recent photo before purchase, your only option is to ask for the serial number and hope they even know what it is.
I do plan on getting an Affinity Telecaster either this year or next year, and I want that black-and-gold logo. I've seen it in person and like it much better than the older plain black logo treatment.
Yes, the guitar is exactly the same no matter what logo is on that pegboard, but what can I say, I like that gold-and-black logo better. 🙂
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp