Cheap guitar of the week #38 - Squier Bullet Strat HSS with MAPLE fretboard
Three things about this guitar make it special and worth getting.
The Strat HSS from Squier is a guitar you already know. But what's new is that Squier has just released not one but three of these with alternative color options.
The three things that make it special?
- "Blackout" hardware.
- Black pick guard.
- Maple fretboard.
The sunburst model is shown above, but there is also...
Surf Pearl (that's what the description states it is):
All three guitars are the same price: Dirt cheap.
Of the three, if you want one that's the most collectible, that would be the Surf Pearl model, because I seriously doubt you'll see that one in guitar stores.
No matter which you get however, the big thing here is the maple fretboard. Up to this point, the only time you saw small-headstock treatment with an all-maple neck was on the Classic Vibe '50s Stratocaster series - and that series never had an HSS model.
Now you can finally get a truly cheap Squier Strat with an all-maple neck that has the small headstock, and in three body color choices.
This is a winner of a guitar all around, and I'm very glad to see Squier do this. It's about time.
I like this guitar so much that I actually might buy one myself!
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984