Dunlop DEN0838 guitar strings review
It looks like that I'm a D'Addario convert.
For a good long while I played nothing but Dunlop DEN0942, which is a 9-42 sized set. Then I decided to try D'Addario EXL130+ which is an 8.5-39 set. I liked it, but I went one size smaller to the D'Addario EXL130 which is 8-38, and that agreed with me very well.
Since the EXL130 was so good, I figured the same sized set from Dunlop, the DEN0838, would be even better.
Unfortunately, it wasn't.
While the 9-42 from Dunlop was amazing, the 8-38 didn't really cut it.
In a very short period of time, the 8-38 set wore out. Brightness gone, tension stability gone... it just was not good. While I understand all guitar strings wear out, these wore out really fast.
Another thing that surprised me is the break-in time. The 9-42 set would always break in very quickly. The 8-38 set did not.
In the end, the 9-42 set from Dunlop was great, but for whatever reason the 8-38 set was just terrible.
I'll be trying other 8-38 sets later on, but for now, I'm sticking with D'Addario EXL130.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?