Guitar of the week #82 - Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO Koa
This is an Epi LP with some fancy duds.
What we have here is a "PRO" Les Paul, so it has the upgraded hardware. Push/pull coil split, premium grade Grover tuners, upgraded toggle switch, graph tech nut, bound body and neck and so on. PRO isn't just title-only with Epiphone. You really do get some seriously good hardware when that word is in the model name.
A Les Paul made from koa species wood - even for an Epiphone - will make any Gibson Les Paul owner jealous because it looks so good. Ordinarily, you see koa as a premium wood option for acoustic guitars, but every now and then you'll see a solid-body electric made from it, and this is one of them.
Because this is also a Les Paul Custom model, you get the cool split diamond inlay on the headstock.
My only complaint is the gold hardware. I personally don't like it. But I do admit it sets off the koa wood very nicely, so I'll give this one a pass. 🙂
This LP is obviously a limited run, so grab one while you can.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches