Guitar of the week #82 - Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO Koa
This is an Epi LP with some fancy duds.
What we have here is a "PRO" Les Paul, so it has the upgraded hardware. Push/pull coil split, premium grade Grover tuners, upgraded toggle switch, graph tech nut, bound body and neck and so on. PRO isn't just title-only with Epiphone. You really do get some seriously good hardware when that word is in the model name.
A Les Paul made from koa species wood - even for an Epiphone - will make any Gibson Les Paul owner jealous because it looks so good. Ordinarily, you see koa as a premium wood option for acoustic guitars, but every now and then you'll see a solid-body electric made from it, and this is one of them.
Because this is also a Les Paul Custom model, you get the cool split diamond inlay on the headstock.
My only complaint is the gold hardware. I personally don't like it. But I do admit it sets off the koa wood very nicely, so I'll give this one a pass. 🙂
This LP is obviously a limited run, so grab one while you can.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two