Is the ESP LTD F10 the ugliest cheap electric guitar?
This guitar definitely won't win any beauty contests.
The first thing I'll say about the ESP LTD F10 is that in all honesty, it doesn't sound bad. Truly, it doesn't...
...but I swear, you could do so much better than this, even staying within the same brand. The F10 is cheap but the ESP LTD Viper-10 is cheaper by 10 bucks and looks better. Or, for the same money as the F10 you could get the ESP LTD MH-10, which again looks much better.
Why does ESP keep making the LTD F10? I have no idea. It is the fugliest guitar from the LTD brand and has been for years.
I can only assume this guitar is still made because it must be selling. There obviously must be buyers out there that really like that jagged double cutaway look.
Would I ever own this guitar personally? Not unless one was given to me. Like I said, even when staying within the LTD brand, there are other choices that look much better.
My personal favorite under $500 from the LTD brand is the black and gold EC-256 model. Gold hardware from stem to stern and full body and headstock binding. And it has push-pull electronics which you don't see often on models with gold hardware.
But as for that F10... no. Just no. Yes, it is the ugliest cheap new electric guitar for sale right now from a major brand.
If you want a guitar that will truly wow people with its appearance, Ibanez is killing it right now in that department. See the Ibanez Axion Label S671ALB in Blue Chameleon or in Black Aurora Burst Gloss. Where rock/metal guitars are concerned, those get noticed. Not cheap, but that's understandable since Axion is loaded with all the good stuff.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Guys who own stupid expensive and stupid cheap guitars at the same time
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods