Is the ESP LTD F10 the ugliest cheap electric guitar?
This guitar definitely won't win any beauty contests.
The first thing I'll say about the ESP LTD F10 is that in all honesty, it doesn't sound bad. Truly, it doesn't...
...but I swear, you could do so much better than this, even staying within the same brand. The F10 is cheap but the ESP LTD Viper-10 is cheaper by 10 bucks and looks better. Or, for the same money as the F10 you could get the ESP LTD MH-10, which again looks much better.
Why does ESP keep making the LTD F10? I have no idea. It is the fugliest guitar from the LTD brand and has been for years.
I can only assume this guitar is still made because it must be selling. There obviously must be buyers out there that really like that jagged double cutaway look.
Would I ever own this guitar personally? Not unless one was given to me. Like I said, even when staying within the LTD brand, there are other choices that look much better.
My personal favorite under $500 from the LTD brand is the black and gold EC-256 model. Gold hardware from stem to stern and full body and headstock binding. And it has push-pull electronics which you don't see often on models with gold hardware.
But as for that F10... no. Just no. Yes, it is the ugliest cheap new electric guitar for sale right now from a major brand.
If you want a guitar that will truly wow people with its appearance, Ibanez is killing it right now in that department. See the Ibanez Axion Label S671ALB in Blue Chameleon or in Black Aurora Burst Gloss. Where rock/metal guitars are concerned, those get noticed. Not cheap, but that's understandable since Axion is loaded with all the good stuff.
More articles to check out
- All about TAXI A&R membership, thoughts on whether metal music sells anymore
- Fender FMT HH Custom Telecaster and its greatest strength
- Is it possible to have a perfect electric guitar?
- State of the watch collection 2020
- The switch
- Sometimes guitar string brand does not matter
- Ugly Fenders of 2020 – Electron Green Strat, Tele and Precision Bass
- the guitar center experience post covid-19
- How to get the country slapback guitar sound
- Do Herco picks live up to the hype?