Guitar of the week #106: G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy
This is a lot of Tele for little money.
Above is the G&L Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Mint Green. "Tribute" in the model name means it's an import, but oh what an import it is because the price is nice and it is feature-rich. "Bluesboy" features a dual-coil pickup in the neck position while non-Bluesboy models do not and have a single-coil at the neck instead.
What you get with this guitar is a swamp ash body, hard rock maple neck with medium C shape, 9-inch radius fingerboard, 22 medium jumbo frets, 18:1 super-smooth tuning machines, brass saddles and pickups made in the USA..
..meaning that even though the guitar is an import, the electronics are US-built. What does that mean to you, the player? It means no upgrades are required at all for this guitar. Pickups are tuners are usually the two things most people upgrade on guitars. Not necessary on this one as the guitar already comes with premium electronics and tuner gears.
If you were deciding between a Fender Standard Telecaster and the G&L, you definitely get more for the money with the G&L.
More articles to check out
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar
- Fender Player Lead II is awful (get the III instead)