Guitar of the week #67 - Gretsch FSR Two-Tone Electromatic Double Jet
Wow, what a looker.
Quick note up front: Gretsch is a Fender brand which is why this is labeled as FSR (Fender Special Run.)
There are regular Gretsch Electromatic Double Jet guitars normally seen in black, red and gold (the gold one in particular in amazing,) but then there's the special run Surf Green and White version seen above, and my God does it look good.
How many guitars do you know that could get away with a surf green front and white sides and back?
...and with gold hardware? This is probably your first time ever seeing this particular color combo, and it's only something Gretsch could do.
Gretsch has a knack for color. On any other guitar, this would not work, but on this Double Jet it totally does. And it's not a bad price, either.
More articles to check out
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar
- Fender Player Lead II is awful (get the III instead)