Guitar of the week #67 - Gretsch FSR Two-Tone Electromatic Double Jet
Wow, what a looker.
Quick note up front: Gretsch is a Fender brand which is why this is labeled as FSR (Fender Special Run.)
There are regular Gretsch Electromatic Double Jet guitars normally seen in black, red and gold (the gold one in particular in amazing,) but then there's the special run Surf Green and White version seen above, and my God does it look good.
How many guitars do you know that could get away with a surf green front and white sides and back?
...and with gold hardware? This is probably your first time ever seeing this particular color combo, and it's only something Gretsch could do.
Gretsch has a knack for color. On any other guitar, this would not work, but on this Double Jet it totally does. And it's not a bad price, either.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches