Goin' to CZ
I contacted Recon Gamer today and am going to change the server over to CZ (Condition Zero). CS:Source was fun, but it's buggy and a little too demanding on the hardware requirements. It also (currently) doesn't have any support from HLSW. And let's not forget there's only one map. Bleah.
I know all this will change in September. HL2 will be released (which by the way I have absolutely no interest in playing or buying). CS:Source will be fixed by then because right now it's buggy as hell, more maps will come, HLSW will have support for CS:S.
But... even with all these things I know are coming, I'm still converting to CZ anyway. There are lots of maps, lots of mods, and the most important part: I know how to config a CZ server backwards and forwards. The HL2 CS:Source setup is nothing I couldn't learn, but I just don't want to have to relearn admin'ing a server all over again. Games are supposed to be fun.. but it ain't fun when you have no idea how your server operates. CS:Source, currently, is like that. There is little to no documentation on it. At least with CS/CZ, tons of documentation exists all over the 'net.
Documentation is gooood. (grin)
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see