Goin' to CZ
I contacted Recon Gamer today and am going to change the server over to CZ (Condition Zero). CS:Source was fun, but it's buggy and a little too demanding on the hardware requirements. It also (currently) doesn't have any support from HLSW. And let's not forget there's only one map. Bleah.
I know all this will change in September. HL2 will be released (which by the way I have absolutely no interest in playing or buying). CS:Source will be fixed by then because right now it's buggy as hell, more maps will come, HLSW will have support for CS:S.
But... even with all these things I know are coming, I'm still converting to CZ anyway. There are lots of maps, lots of mods, and the most important part: I know how to config a CZ server backwards and forwards. The HL2 CS:Source setup is nothing I couldn't learn, but I just don't want to have to relearn admin'ing a server all over again. Games are supposed to be fun.. but it ain't fun when you have no idea how your server operates. CS:Source, currently, is like that. There is little to no documentation on it. At least with CS/CZ, tons of documentation exists all over the 'net.
Documentation is gooood. (grin)
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches