Goin' to CZ
I contacted Recon Gamer today and am going to change the server over to CZ (Condition Zero). CS:Source was fun, but it's buggy and a little too demanding on the hardware requirements. It also (currently) doesn't have any support from HLSW. And let's not forget there's only one map. Bleah.
I know all this will change in September. HL2 will be released (which by the way I have absolutely no interest in playing or buying). CS:Source will be fixed by then because right now it's buggy as hell, more maps will come, HLSW will have support for CS:S.
But... even with all these things I know are coming, I'm still converting to CZ anyway. There are lots of maps, lots of mods, and the most important part: I know how to config a CZ server backwards and forwards. The HL2 CS:Source setup is nothing I couldn't learn, but I just don't want to have to relearn admin'ing a server all over again. Games are supposed to be fun.. but it ain't fun when you have no idea how your server operates. CS:Source, currently, is like that. There is little to no documentation on it. At least with CS/CZ, tons of documentation exists all over the 'net.
Documentation is gooood. (grin)
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?