here come the elevens
I've never considered zero-years, as in years ending with zeroes, to be the beginning of a decade but the end of one. If you think about it, styles, attitudes and so on don't change until the one-year starts which is the true indicator that a new decade has started. Yes, this means I believe 2010 is the end of the 2000s and 2011 is the beginning of the 2010s.
The first thing you're going to see in 2011 is a lot more people abbreviating it on checks and other places where the date is written down. Speaking of which, here are all of 2011's dopey dates which are dopey because of same-number stuff:
- 1/1/11 - This happens tomorrow.
- 1/11/11 - January 11, '11.
- 7/9/11 - Consecutive odd numbers (as in "Odd Day"), July 9, '11.
- 9/10/11 - Consecutive numbers, September 10, '11.
- 11/1/11 - November 1, '11.
- 11/11/11 - November 11, '11 - the only day of the year where US and UK dates are written the same way.
You may also see importance placed on 11/12/11, 11/22/11 and maybe 11/10/11.
Plan on seeing everything from movie launches to car dealer sales to whatever-the-frig because it's gonna happen wherever you see 11's in dates in 2011.
For every other month you're going to see something on the 11th. If it's a movie premiere date for example, it will be written as:
I N S E R T M O V I E T I T L E H E R E
M A Y 1 1 - 1 1
I don't know how 2011 is going to pan out and I have no predictions, but November is gonna suck with all the kitschy 11's everywhere. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two