Guitar of the week #53 - Hofner Ignition 6-string guitar version
Hofner might have committed heresy with this release, but it could be good news for guitar players.
The guitar seen above from Hofner is a shape ordinarily associated with the Beatle Bass, as in the bass guitar Paul McCartney of The Beatles played. Where the heresy comes in is from the fact the Hofner Ignition model above is not a bass. It's a regular 6-string guitar.
This guitar is good news for basically one reason. It's an ultra-lightweight as it is a semi-hollow body instrument. I don't know exactly how light it is, but I'm fairly certain it will be the lightest electric you ever pick up. I'd say probably as light as a classical acoustic.
I've no idea how the mini-humbuckers sound and no idea how it plays, but the big sell here is the super-lightweight body. If you have back problems or you just like a guitar that has the strap barely pulling on your shoulder when standing, well, this Hofner is what you want.
If any of my readers out there buy one of these (here's a direct link to it,) please let me know by emailing me. I'd love to get more information on this instrument from someone who has played one since I've no experience with it. Heck, I'll even interview you personally and feature you here in a full article. Yes, really.
Like this article?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- You don't need a solar watch
- Is the Bic Soft Feel the perfect pen?
- How to find really cheap new electric guitar necks
- Ridiculous: Ibanez Altstar ALT30
- SX Hawk in Lake Placid Blue is good
- Guitar neck thickness vs. shoulder
- Goodbye 2021
- My mild obsession with pens and pencils
- SX Hawk from Rondo on the way, and why I bought it
- A big problem with many quartz digital wristwatches