Guitar of the week #73 - Ibanez DT420 Destroyer
This is a cool Explorer-style guitar you can actually afford.
A little while back I talked about the Schecter E-1 Custom Special Edition, which is an Explorer-style guitar. Very cool axe, but for some a bit too much to spend.
The Ibanez DT420 Destroyer however is lower in price by several hundred dollars, and I strongly suggest that if you want one of these and one is available (see link for details), buy it now because Ibanez usually keeps this guitar in short supply.
The DT420 features both a bound body and bound neck. Pickups are listed as "Classic Elite Humbuckers". The chrome hardware included is all good stuff from the bridge to the tailpiece to the tuners. There's no cheap crap on this guitar. I'm not saying everything on the Destroyer is top-drawer stuff, but I am saying it's not bargain-bin stuff either.
The best compliment I can give the Destroyer is that it needs no upgrades and is totally a plug-in-and-go type of axe.
Where price point is concerned, it's actually $100 cheaper than a Mexico-made Fender Standard Stratocaster, so it's like I said, if there's one available on the link above, grab it. You won't be disappointed.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984