Fender Jazzmaster in CME Lake Placid Blue
I'm not sure if this works or not.
But then there's this Jazzmaster in Lake Placid Blue. It's a CME exclusive color. Every now and then, CME being a large seller will order up colors exclusive to only that shop, and this is one of them. While technically not FSR (Fender Special Run,) it's treated the same where you get the same price, same warranty and so on.
Lake Placid Blue on a Jazzmaster with matching headcap is not new because this particular finish was available in the 1960s as a custom order. However, it was with a white pick guard and not tortoise shell. On that link you'll see what the guitar looks like with the white guard.
If this guitar had the white guard, I'd consider it a total winner. But with the tortoise shell, not-so much.
However, there's no stopping anyone from buying this new Jazzmaster, taking off the tortoise shell guard and replacing with a Fender issued "vintage" new guard in eggshell white.
To anyone considering picking this guitar up: If you do get this, get the white guard separately and install it yourself (or have a tech do the work.) Trust me, that simple color swap makes a huge difference in how this guitar looks in the positive direction.
Like this article?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Schecter PT Special in Aqua Burst Pearl
- You don't need a solar watch
- Is the Bic Soft Feel the perfect pen?
- How to find really cheap new electric guitar necks
- Ridiculous: Ibanez Altstar ALT30
- SX Hawk in Lake Placid Blue is good
- Guitar neck thickness vs. shoulder
- Goodbye 2021
- My mild obsession with pens and pencils
- SX Hawk from Rondo on the way, and why I bought it