My 6 favorite guitar chords
I find some guitar chords to be more pleasant than others. These are the 6 that sound best to my ears.
I almost never play a straight Cmaj. Adding in the 9 just makes the C sound so much better.
This is again something I play instead of straight Dmaj. Leaving the open 2 on the high-E string makes this chord work.
Although not heard in most songs I play, I use Gmaj7 all over the place when practicing.
I first learned this one from listening to the intro for White Room by Cream. Right before the first lyric "In the white room" happens, that's when you hear the chord. I was hooked ever since I first heard it.
I like this one because I can incorporate a lot of open strings and change it up in several ways at whim.
Almost any 6/9 (6add9) chord
I never played a 6/9 chord before I owned a Jazzmaster. Although I can play the chord on any guitar, the Jazzmaster inspired me to look into things I never played before, and the 6/9 chord was one of them.
6/9 just has an amazing sound to it.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Hamburger: The Motion Picture
- Guys who own stupid expensive and stupid cheap guitars at the same time
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one