my experience at the apple store in tampa florida
My first experience in an Apple Store. Location: 2223 N West Shore Blvd. Tampa, FL 33607
Upon entering the store, it was semi-crowded and smelled like a pool of sweat.
There were people standing around waiting to be assisted (including myself,) and I counted not one but three store employees standing around doing nothing.
In order to get the attention of one of the store employees, I had to say "Excuse me" three times. Bear in mind I have a low bass voice that's very easy to hear.
An Apple Store is supposed to have a nice ritzy display of all their computers and have well-designed stores. Wrong. This one looked like a boring bookstore with computers in it. It might as well have been a library.
Store Design: FAIL
When I finally did get a hold of one of the employees, it was a fat teenage kid - and he smelled like he hadn't showered in three days. It was totally possible he alone was the cause of the sweat smell in the store.
I asked him politely that I'd like to purchase a Mac Mini (and yes I was going to do it even after all this crap,) but I'd like to see if he could qualify me to finance the computer. He told me - and I'm not kidding - to use one of the Macs in the store and fill out the application myself and said "Just find me when you're done." Again, I'm not kidding.
Not even crappy stores like Radio Shack force you to use a computer just to get qualified for credit. And yes, I am saying Radio Shack is better than an Apple Store because at least RS employees actually do something for you.
Employee Assistance: EPIC FAIL
. . .
I said "Forget it!" and walked out.
I'm never going into an Apple Store again. And if I ever buy a Mac (which most definitely will not be any time soon now,) it'll be from CompUSA because Apple Stores suck.
More articles to check out
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
- Fender actually came correct with the Jag-Stang this time
- $10 fix for Fender Stratocaster tight string tension problem
- Alnico vs. ceramic magnet electric guitar pickups
- This is the proper orientation for a Stratocaster knob
- 2021 Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Pearl
- And then there were two (guitar minimalism)
- The 2,140 Calorie milkshake
- Reverse headstock S-style with "cheese wheel" for cheap