my experience at the apple store in tampa florida
My first experience in an Apple Store. Location: 2223 N West Shore Blvd. Tampa, FL 33607
Upon entering the store, it was semi-crowded and smelled like a pool of sweat.
There were people standing around waiting to be assisted (including myself,) and I counted not one but three store employees standing around doing nothing.
In order to get the attention of one of the store employees, I had to say "Excuse me" three times. Bear in mind I have a low bass voice that's very easy to hear.
An Apple Store is supposed to have a nice ritzy display of all their computers and have well-designed stores. Wrong. This one looked like a boring bookstore with computers in it. It might as well have been a library.
Store Design: FAIL
When I finally did get a hold of one of the employees, it was a fat teenage kid - and he smelled like he hadn't showered in three days. It was totally possible he alone was the cause of the sweat smell in the store.
I asked him politely that I'd like to purchase a Mac Mini (and yes I was going to do it even after all this crap,) but I'd like to see if he could qualify me to finance the computer. He told me - and I'm not kidding - to use one of the Macs in the store and fill out the application myself and said "Just find me when you're done." Again, I'm not kidding.
Not even crappy stores like Radio Shack force you to use a computer just to get qualified for credit. And yes, I am saying Radio Shack is better than an Apple Store because at least RS employees actually do something for you.
Employee Assistance: EPIC FAIL
. . .
I said "Forget it!" and walked out.
I'm never going into an Apple Store again. And if I ever buy a Mac (which most definitely will not be any time soon now,) it'll be from CompUSA because Apple Stores suck.
More articles to check out
- Back when a 3.5" screen was good enough (and still is)
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed