New bass guitar
It was finally time to retire my old cheap Epiphone P-Bass guitar and buy a new cheap bass guitar. (grin) The only reason I own an electric bass is to lay down my own bass tracks in my home recording studio - so needless to say it does not have to be an expensive instrument.
A friend is visiting for a few days so we piled in the car and headed off to Warwick RI Guitar Center. The last time I went there (December 2004) I saw some cheap new basses there and hoped there would be some left after the Christmas season.
Fortune smiles: There were some. I grabbed a Yamaha RBX170-DBM off the rack, plugged it in and started thumbing it a bit. Sounded good. I bought it. Price: $180.00 after tax.
This is the first new bass guitar I've bought.. ever. My previous bass guitar was bought by my pop about twelve years ago - which just goes to show you how long ago it was I acquired one. (grin)
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing