The tale of the terrible Nissan Versa
Stupid things due to the dopey previous owner
None of what I'll mention below was Nissan's fault but rather the guy who last owned it that did stupid stuff to the car.
- Crappy window tint - The last guy who owned the car decided to install tint on every window, including the windshield had a stupid kid racer style thick stripe on the top. All the tint looked blurry and distorted. I routinely had to roll the windows down just to see outside the car clearly even during day driving. The rear glass was the worst, with tint so crappy it made white cars look pink.
- Possible "cold air intake" mod buffoonery - I suspect the previous owner had a dopey intake mod installed, but before trading in the car he put the stock intake back on. Fortunately, there were no engine issues and it seemed to breathe normally. But from what I saw in the engine bay, I'm still pretty sure that dopey mod had previously been there.
- Crappy aftermarket radio - The radio worked, I'll give it that. But it wasn't installed well. The adapter kit used to make it fit the double DIN sized hole didn't fit quite correct, so it was slightly loose. And once I took out the radio to take a look at the wiring (I was considering buying a factory Nissan stock radio to put back in there), I found a massive tangle of wires. No way was I going to be able to get a stock wiring harness working ever again, so I just put the dopey radio back.
Good things I can say about the car
- Side mirrors were nice. They're big and easy to see stuff with.
- The 1.8 engine is fast. Easy to get up to speed and always had the power there when needed.
- Steering wheel is thick and felt great.
- Very comfy seats.
- Excellent A/C system.
- Always started on a dime. Never an engine problem with sputtering or stalling.
- The low tire pressure monitoring system actually worked right if there was a low tire.
- Very tight turning radius.
- Cavernous interior space. You can fit a ton of stuff in this car.
- Taller than it looks. It towers over Camaros and Mustangs. And yes this means the car has great headroom.
- Gigantic glove box. It goes waaaay back into the dash.
- Windshield washer reservoir could take an entire gallon by design. No leaks. Filling the reservoir was also very easy.
- It did get me from Florida to Texas with no problems.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- The only double neck electric guitar worth buying
- Hate it all you want, NATO is the best watch strap there is
- Guitar options for nickel allergy sufferers
- Holy Diver Les Paul Outfit is actually impressive
- GPS adventures for 2019
- ESP is doing the best fade guitar finish right now
- A bad guitar string can cause buzzing on just one fret
- Fender (or Squier) needs to release a standard reverse headstock Strat
- Schecter Omen Extreme-6, 3 months later
- How to avoid guitar shipping damage