How to buy a refurbished guitar, bass, amp or effect from Amazon for cheap
You might want to bookmark this page as it will literally save you hours of searching.
Amazon is a big site. Really big. Huge. Colossal. Many guitars are sold through that site. Yes, there are sections for refurbished instruments.
Now before giving you the links so you can check out the inventory, "refurbished" does not mean "used". It can mean the item was a return (customer bought it, didn't like it, returned it,) a demo instrument (guitar has been in a guitar store for a while and played/tested by many but not bought,) a "B-stock" (slight defect, usually a dent in the body or scratch,) and so on.
That being said, here are the links:
- Refurbished/Used electric guitars
- Refurbished guitar amps
- Refurbished guitar effects
- Refurbished acoustic guitars
- Refurbished electric bass guitars
- Refurbished acoustic bass guitars
All the links above will always show the newest listings first, so you won't see anything collecting dust in there.
Does "refurbished" mean you get a warranty?
YES! This is what Amazon states the conditions must be for any item to qualify as "refurbished":
[Refurbished means the item] has been professionally restored to working order. Typically this means that the product has been inspected, cleaned, and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications. The item may or may not be in its original packaging. The manufacturer's or refurbisher's warranty must apply and should be included in the listing comments.
That, above all else, dictates the difference between refurbished and used. With used, there is no warranty. With refurbished, there is one.
What kinds of guitars, amps, basses and effects are available as refurbished?
All kinds. Cheap, mid-tier and high-end.
Take this high-end guitar, for example:
That's a Fender American Vintage '58 Telecaster. Its B-stock listing has it selling for over $600 less than if you bought it new right now. That's significant.
There are several others like this at any time in the refurb/used area.
All you needed were the links to find the refurbs...
...and now you have them. As stated above, you might want to bookmark this page.
Happy hunting. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?