retro casio watch stuff - part 2
I decided to see if I could actually find and buy a few of those old-school Casio watches new.
The F-28W is on the left, the W59 on the right.
Cost for both after tax: Under $30. Cheap enough, so I bought both.
Two things bother me however. The F-28W's band is a bit stiff, and the W59 even though it has more features does not display the month - even though you can set the month. Yeah, weird.
I have thought about swapping out the band from the W59 to the F-28W as it really wouldn't be that difficult and I know it would fit, but I'd like to keep these all-original.
Right now I'm wearing the W59 because the band is more comfortable. I don't know if I'll be wearing it with any sort of frequency because as I said in my last bloggo, I'm not a wristwatch person. If I decide to not wear either, they're still cool little conversation pieces I can use as knickknacks. 🙂
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp