tampa blogger shin-dig
The boss invited me to tag along to a blogger meet-up in South Tampa yesterday. So I went. It was, said honestly, interesting to actually speak with other people that understand what I think is normal conversation, i.e. stuff about WordPress, MovableType, Microsoft tech, Mac tech, the ins and outs of how blogging works, social networking, etc.
I was like "Yay.. birds of a feather." 🙂
The blogger I spoke with that "gets it" most was Sarah. Why? Because she's one of the very few folks I know that knows what Microsoft is truly all about. She totally understands the corporate side of what the guys and gals in Redmond actually do. It is extremely rare I encounter someone with that type of insight.
As for everyone else, there was not a single fanboy or fangirl there. That was 100% awesome. These people are all pros at what they do be it large or small scale.
I also re-learned something. If you're going to be geek, go geek. And do it unapologetically. It's definitely the only way to fly.
Like this article?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- You don't need a solar watch
- Is the Bic Soft Feel the perfect pen?
- How to find really cheap new electric guitar necks
- Ridiculous: Ibanez Altstar ALT30
- SX Hawk in Lake Placid Blue is good
- Guitar neck thickness vs. shoulder
- Goodbye 2021
- My mild obsession with pens and pencils
- SX Hawk from Rondo on the way, and why I bought it
- A big problem with many quartz digital wristwatches