tampa blogger shin-dig
The boss invited me to tag along to a blogger meet-up in South Tampa yesterday. So I went. It was, said honestly, interesting to actually speak with other people that understand what I think is normal conversation, i.e. stuff about WordPress, MovableType, Microsoft tech, Mac tech, the ins and outs of how blogging works, social networking, etc.
I was like "Yay.. birds of a feather." 🙂
The blogger I spoke with that "gets it" most was Sarah. Why? Because she's one of the very few folks I know that knows what Microsoft is truly all about. She totally understands the corporate side of what the guys and gals in Redmond actually do. It is extremely rare I encounter someone with that type of insight.
As for everyone else, there was not a single fanboy or fangirl there. That was 100% awesome. These people are all pros at what they do be it large or small scale.
I also re-learned something. If you're going to be geek, go geek. And do it unapologetically. It's definitely the only way to fly.
More articles to check out
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar
- Fender Player Lead II is awful (get the III instead)