The ugliest Fender Strat made in 2018
Good guitar. Bad color.
The Deluxe Strat is a modern offering from Fender with three "vintage noiseless" pickups, push/push mini switch to add in the bridge pickup for positions 4 and 5, modern two-point bridge, 12" radius fingerboard, contoured neck heel and locking tuners.
This is a good guitar. But it looks horrible in Sapphire Blue Transparent.
The reason why the blue doesn't work on this Strat is because it makes it look cheap.
Transparent blue is a color you expect to see on something like this low-cost Ibanez... or even cheaper with this sub-$100 no-name guitar. You don't expect to see it on a Deluxe Model Strat that costs significantly more, but yet it exists.
However, there is a bright side. This is one of the very few guitars in Fender's current lineup that looks like it got hit with the ugly stick. As said above, there are 3 other colors that look notably better for the same model.
My personal pick for the best looking Deluxe Strat is the 2-color sunburst. That one has a look done right.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- State of the watch collection for end of 2019
- Why do we keep going back to the Stratocaster?
- The good and bad of preordering a guitar
- 1989 Squier II Stratocaster rides again
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years