Weird Al "Tacky" review
I've been a Weird Al listener for a long time, and something a lot of people don't take into consideration is just how damned good of a musician he is.
I listened to Tacky first, then Happy afterward. Al's parody rendition is the better song. It's better mixed and the vocals are much better defined. In fact, it's a perfect mix.
Al continues to outdo himself for each album he releases. At this point he's become so good at it that the parodies he makes are often better than the real songs, such as Tacky is.
When I listen to Tacky, I don't think "funny parody song," but rather just a really good piece of music that really stands on its own. You don't get much more sonic perfection these days than a Weird Al album. And no, I'm not making a joke there. The music he produces has an amazing sonic quality to it.
More articles to check out
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar
- Fender Player Lead II is awful (get the III instead)