aim chat rooms
For grins last night I decided to check out AIM chat rooms. The last time I used one of these was.. well.. I don't even remember the last time I used one.
AIM chat, formerly AOL chat, has always been something of an oddity. For a ton of people out there it was the very first live-chat environment they ever used. The only chat older than AIM chat that still exists is IRC - and IRC sucks.
There is a Tampa Bay specific chat room on AIM, so naturally that's where I went. I was happy to see one there. In fact I think AIM is one of the very few chats left that actually has truly local rooms.
What happened when I chatted was typical whenever I get involved in one of these things. Most liked me, a few tolerated me, one outright couldn't stand my presence and blocked me (heh). Par for the course. 🙂
Here's the crazy thing: I actually liked AIM chat. So weird to even say that. It is oh-so rare for me to like chat at all. The only other chat I like is when I do the live tech show I do. Even though that's IRC and IRC is crappy, it's still cool regardless.
The cool part about AIM now is that you can embed chat right on your web site, so I did for the Tampa Bay room. Who knows, you may catch me in there every so often.
More articles to check out
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar