aim chat rooms
For grins last night I decided to check out AIM chat rooms. The last time I used one of these was.. well.. I don't even remember the last time I used one.
AIM chat, formerly AOL chat, has always been something of an oddity. For a ton of people out there it was the very first live-chat environment they ever used. The only chat older than AIM chat that still exists is IRC - and IRC sucks.
There is a Tampa Bay specific chat room on AIM, so naturally that's where I went. I was happy to see one there. In fact I think AIM is one of the very few chats left that actually has truly local rooms.
What happened when I chatted was typical whenever I get involved in one of these things. Most liked me, a few tolerated me, one outright couldn't stand my presence and blocked me (heh). Par for the course. 🙂
Here's the crazy thing: I actually liked AIM chat. So weird to even say that. It is oh-so rare for me to like chat at all. The only other chat I like is when I do the live tech show I do. Even though that's IRC and IRC is crappy, it's still cool regardless.
The cool part about AIM now is that you can embed chat right on your web site, so I did for the Tampa Bay room. Who knows, you may catch me in there every so often.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?