Cheap guitar of the week #35 - HardLuck Kings Chop Shop Spider
Possibly the cheapest way to get a Gibson Firebird shape guitar.
The HardLuck Kings Chop Shop Spider is one of the very few axes for cheap that has the Firebird shape to it.
For comparison, this is a Gibson Firebird:
The Firebird has mini-humbuckers, bound neck, reverse headstock (the tuner gears are actually behind the headstock and not to the side,) and has block inlays on the fingerboard.
The HardLuck Kings guitar has full-size humbuckers, no neck binding, standard headstock with standard tuners and spider-shape inlays. The knobs are also placed slightly differently.
What makes the Spider the attractive guitar? It's at least $700 less than a Firebird is...
...and like I said above, it's one of the very few axes where you can actually get the Firebird shape for cheap.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two