Cheap guitar of the week #35 - HardLuck Kings Chop Shop Spider
Possibly the cheapest way to get a Gibson Firebird shape guitar.
The HardLuck Kings Chop Shop Spider is one of the very few axes for cheap that has the Firebird shape to it.
For comparison, this is a Gibson Firebird:
The Firebird has mini-humbuckers, bound neck, reverse headstock (the tuner gears are actually behind the headstock and not to the side,) and has block inlays on the fingerboard.
The HardLuck Kings guitar has full-size humbuckers, no neck binding, standard headstock with standard tuners and spider-shape inlays. The knobs are also placed slightly differently.
What makes the Spider the attractive guitar? It's at least $700 less than a Firebird is...
...and like I said above, it's one of the very few axes where you can actually get the Firebird shape for cheap.
More articles to check out
- I bought an Ibanez AS73, and then returned it
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time