Cheap guitar of the week #43 - ESP LTD M-50FR
LTD continues to hit home runs with cool, new guitars that are cheap, and this is one of them.
This is the ESP LTD M-50FR. You may have to hunt a little on that link to see the guitar, but trust me, it's there either in neon green or neon orange seen above. If you're unable to locate it, here's a direct link to the guitar seen above. This is a cool axe because it's a cheap rocker/metal/shredder axe that actually looks good.
I applaud LTD for having the balls to release this guitar in neon colors, and do it for a low price. In a sea of guitars all with muted "safe" colors, it's nice to see the super-bright stuff to change things up a bit.
Basswood body. Bolt-on 25.5-inch maple neck with "Extra Thin Flat" contour, rosewood fingerboard, 24 extra jumbo frets, 350mm (13.78-inch) fingerboard radius, 42mm (1.65-inch) nut width.
Tuners are standard LTD, bridge is "LTD by Floyd Rose". Neck pickup is "ESP Designed LH-150N" and bridge pickup is "ESP Designed LH-150B". Passive electronics all around. Switchgear is volume, tone and a 3-way blade selector. Nice and easy.
It's cheap, easy-to-use, looks awesome and has a very fast-playing neck.
Basswood body that while light will dent easy.
The FR system will probably break in 2 to 3 years. But then again, for the price you really can't complain.
Pickups are spaced very close together, possibly making neck pickup useless since it has been shoved back because of the 24-fret neck.
This is a great "beater" guitar. Looks cool, the electronics are simple, the layout is easy to get along with and the guitar was made to play and beat the crap out of.
Don't buy this guitar only to sell it later. Buy it to play the thing, play it loud and play it often.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see