death race 2000
Death Race 2000 is something I saw while perusing Netflix and watched it for two reasons. First, the title of the movie is just plain cool, and second was made in 1975. And I have a thing about movies from the 70s. For some reason there's a lot of movies from that era that I really like.
DR2000 is a B movie, but not your typical kind where it's just shy of sort porn. This flick is a B because it's low-budget. Very little nudity. And yeah, it's got some, but nothing really risqué. Not by today's standards, anyway.
I had absolutely no idea Sylvester Stallone was in this movie until I watched it. And when I saw him suddenly as one of the lead characters, that surprised me. Didn't expect that. And he acts exactly as you would expect him to.
So anyway, this flick is about a dystopian future where the national pastime is a cross-country race where racers can actually score points for hitting and killing citizens. While watching this I thought it was just going to be totally stupid all the way through, but the funny thing is that I actually started getting into the plot. And strangely enough, it wasn't really that bad. For some reason this flick strikes the right balance between being totally dumb yet keeping just enough twists in the storyline so you keep watching to find out what happens.
I think what I liked best is that every time you think you know who the bad guy is, in comes a twist, things change and you're kept guessing, but in a good way. And then at the end it actually all works out in a satisfying way.
I liked DR2000. I mean, it's not great or anything like that. But I liked it.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two