garmin map update 2008 intersection problems
Although I thought this was an isolated issue related to WAAS, it turns out the Map Update 2008 for the City Navigator in my Garmin StreetPilot c580 (North America) causes the unit to have issues routing properly even in "Normal" GPS mode.
Today while I was out and about I captured what happened.
As you can see from above, the StreetPilot tells me to take a turn - yet the proper direction to go is straight.
This only seems to happen in large intersections and nowhere else.
After I post this I'm going to e-mail Garmin and let them know this is definitely a problem. A routing patch will need to be applied immediately to fix this.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984