garmin map update 2008 intersection problems
Although I thought this was an isolated issue related to WAAS, it turns out the Map Update 2008 for the City Navigator in my Garmin StreetPilot c580 (North America) causes the unit to have issues routing properly even in "Normal" GPS mode.
Today while I was out and about I captured what happened.
As you can see from above, the StreetPilot tells me to take a turn - yet the proper direction to go is straight.
This only seems to happen in large intersections and nowhere else.
After I post this I'm going to e-mail Garmin and let them know this is definitely a problem. A routing patch will need to be applied immediately to fix this.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see