Gretsch Electromatic Double Jet Broadway Jade GSR Limited Edition
I thought I saw the coolest looking Double Jet before, but this one is even cooler.
The last time I talked about the Gretsch Electromatic Double Jet was when I saw a two-tone version that I thought was a seriously nice looking guitar.
But this Double Jet in Broadway Jade is even better.
There's no gold hardware on this one, but that's fine because the chrome works so well here.
The look of this one is like a classic Chevy Bel-Air from the 1950s. Gleaming finish, gleaming metal and just an awesome appearance all-around.
As far as the particulars of the guitar is concerned, this body is fortunately chambered basswood to keep it light in weight. Fingerboard radius is 12", frets are medium jumbo size and pickups are Filter'Tron.
The sound is something I best describe as "twangy humbucker." It has a bit of a semi-hollow body humbucker sound to it, meaning more treble and mid with less bass.
Killer guitar as far as I'm concerned, and what a look.
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp