How to backup and restore Line 6 Spider V amp presets
This is easy once you know how it's done.
I received an email asking how to do this, and rather than put it all in a reply I decided to put together a quick article about it.
The software is free, but unfortunately does not contain a help file telling you how to do anything. There is probably online documentation for this on the Line 6 web site, but I couldn't find it.
Once you see how this is done, you'll say to yourself, "Oh, okay that was actually pretty easy." Yes, it is once you're actually told what to do.
Why back up?
The main reason to back up your presets is for whenever you perform a Spider V system update. Periodically, Line 6 will release an amplifier software update that adds in new features and/or applies fixes. It is a smart idea to back up your presets before applying any updates so you don't lose anything.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- State of the watch collection for end of 2019
- Why do we keep going back to the Stratocaster?
- The good and bad of preordering a guitar
- 1989 Squier II Stratocaster rides again
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years