MapSource Longitude and Latitude in decimal display
I wanted to blog this just for my own reference. MapSource by default does not display longitude and latitude coordinates in "strict" decimal values, but it's easy enough to get it to. You just go to Edit then Preferences then Position and set Grid to Lat/Lon hddd.ddddd°.
Remember: Coordinates that are West or South are negative numbers. For example, 100 Main Street, Freeport Maine 04033 USA (which is just about where the L.L. Bean Mall is) has coordinates of N43.85754 W70.10256. Writing this as strictly numbers would be 43.85754 -70.10256 because West is a negative number.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see