MapSource Longitude and Latitude in decimal display
I wanted to blog this just for my own reference. MapSource by default does not display longitude and latitude coordinates in "strict" decimal values, but it's easy enough to get it to. You just go to Edit then Preferences then Position and set Grid to Lat/Lon hddd.ddddd°.
Remember: Coordinates that are West or South are negative numbers. For example, 100 Main Street, Freeport Maine 04033 USA (which is just about where the L.L. Bean Mall is) has coordinates of N43.85754 W70.10256. Writing this as strictly numbers would be 43.85754 -70.10256 because West is a negative number.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984