on K-PAX, people used netscape on a mac
There are some web sites are there that have literally been untouched for almost 10 years. Once such example is www.k-pax.com. What is it? It's a promo site for the movie K-PAX, released October 26, 2001. The k-pax.com domain hasn't been touched since 2002 since the movie was released to DVD. This is especially obvious since the site says "Flash 5 Required". To put this in perspective, we're all using Flash 10 now.
There are a few very quick scenes in the movie of internet back in the early 2000s. I spotted them, of course:
Yes, that is Netscape on a Mac. No, not Mac OS X. That, sir or ma'am, is Mac OS 9.
Also notice that the search engine used is Yahoo! and not Google.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?