on K-PAX, people used netscape on a mac
There are some web sites are there that have literally been untouched for almost 10 years. Once such example is www.k-pax.com. What is it? It's a promo site for the movie K-PAX, released October 26, 2001. The k-pax.com domain hasn't been touched since 2002 since the movie was released to DVD. This is especially obvious since the site says "Flash 5 Required". To put this in perspective, we're all using Flash 10 now.
There are a few very quick scenes in the movie of internet back in the early 2000s. I spotted them, of course:
Yes, that is Netscape on a Mac. No, not Mac OS X. That, sir or ma'am, is Mac OS 9.
Also notice that the search engine used is Yahoo! and not Google.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984