'Starfield Simulation' screen saver in Windows 7 64-bit
The only screen saver in Windows 7 64-bit that I actually like is "Ribbons." All the others are terrible and require way too much horsepower just to run a frickin' screen saver.
What would be great but can't do is put the old "Mystify" screen saver in Win7, because the new one sucks, but oh well.
I was however able to get one of those old screen savers from the old Windows into the new, "Starfield Simulation." It may be really simple, but I've always liked it.
What I did is copied the file ssstars.scr out of a Windows 2000 install I have in Virtualbox on to my Win7 64 desktop, then right-clicked it, Install, and ta-da, I've got my "Starfield Simulation" back!
It's not "Mystify Your Mind," but hey, I'll take what I can get. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?