Tagima TG-530, the next great cheap Strat?
Squier Strats are great, but the Tagima TG-530 is also pretty darned good too.
Tagima is a company out of Brazil, and it just so happens they make a Strat that's under $200 you can buy right now. That's squarely pitted right against Squier's price point for their lower-end models.
What's the best thing about Tagima's TG-530? Choice. Lots of great colors with the all-maple neck. Squier also has a lot of choices but the majority of the time you have to take a darker wood for the fingerboard. There are a few lower-priced models from Squier that do have the all-maple neck like the Vintage Modified '70s Stratocaster, but you're not going to get anywhere near as many body color choices with the all-maple neck as you do with Tagima.
How does it sound? Good. Sounds like a Strat is supposed to. Check it out for yourself in the video below.
From what I could find out about this guitar, the body is basswood and the electronics are just your typical Strat style.
...and that's just cool.
I very much like that there's some good competition to Squier in this price range. Tagima really seems to be delivering with the TG-530. If you're sick of waiting for Squier to release the color you want, Tagima most likely has it right now.
12 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)